Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Memorable Moments

      2014 has been an incredible year. I have had many memorable moments. When I look back on the year, I remember times of extreme happiness and joy. I also remember times of exceptional difficulty and tears. I remember times of fun and laughter and times of sadness. However, what stands out the most, above all these circumstances, is the incredible fact that I can see the Lord’s hand and His faithfulness throughout it. As I look back on the year, I can see how each situation, no matter what it was, was working together for my good and His glory (Romans 8:28). It’s a beautiful thing to be able to look back on situations that I did not understand at the time but chose to have faith anyway and see how they were essential for later events. Jesus truly is faithful and trustworthy!

Here are some highlights from my year:


January- 

I started off the year with some wonderful friends celebrating New Year's (a year ago, wow!) at a friend from high school's house. About half of my graduating class was able to get together and celebrate. It was a fun night! 

After I came back to school for the second semester of my sophomore year, we started the manor ministry back up again! It was such an incredible time of standing in awe of the Lord answering prayers! 

February-

My incredible grandfather on my mom's side went to be with the Lord. Though this was a very sad time, we all had comfort and peace through it. It was also a sort of family reunion. He also passed around the time of my Spring Break. Therefore, I was able to be with family for that week. Another evidence of Jesus' perfect timing! 



We also threw a surprise party for our "second mom" in Campbellsville! There were so many people gathered in her house! 

My friends and I also took a trip to Indiana for a Pacers Game and stayed the night at my house. 


March-

Spring in Campbellsville = more trips to the lake for hiking and bonfires! 

Our friend, Tyler, came home on break from the Marines. 

April-

My Campbellsville family took a hiking trip at the natural bridge in Red River Gorge. We stayed in a cabin for the weekend. 

We also celebrated the last day of manor ministry for the semester and how faithful the Lord was throughout it! 

May-

We finished up the semester school, then hosted a guys night to honor our brothers in Christ! 

My best friend turned 22!

Nikki and I started working at Dairy Queen. 

June-

My little sister graduated from high school!

I went home for this month, took some online classes. I got to catch up with some friends from high school and our Bible teacher, Mr. Wild. 


July-

Late night trips to the lake continue...

I turned 21 and was blessed to have my best friend Junia surprise and have Nikki throw a wonderful surprise party!


August-

I got to visit family in Illinois before starting school back up. We also celebrated Katie's birthday!

September-

My little sister turned 19!

I got to fly out to Colorado for the Ellerslie Alumni Reunion!


My good friend Hannah from my freshman year came to visit us!


October-

We helped out at Laura's wedding


Trips to the lake continue, of course. 

November-

A group of us go to see Lecrae and Andy Mineo in concert. It was incredible!

We attempted to skydive and drove to Indianapolis. We also stayed the night at my house, which led to many adventures. 


I got to celebrate Thanksgiving at home with my family.

My best friend since 7th grade got radically gave her life to the Lord! 

December-

We celebrated Christmas with our manor kiddos!


We kept this cutie for a week.

I
My wonderful grandpa on my dad's side went to be with the Lord. Though this was incredibly hard, Jesus is faithful and sustained and strengthened us through it. 

I've gotten to catch up with many friends and family, both at home and in Campbellsville. 





Currently, I am taking Jan-term courses and preparing for Spring semester. I'm looking forward to all that 2015 holds and am even more excited to grow in the Lord and see what adventures He has planned for this coming year! 











No comments:

Post a Comment